-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of roymeo
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:06 PM
To: Lingo programming discussion list
Subject: RE: <lingo-l> EULA for Director Software projects

>If you are using Director MX or earlier then your obligations with
>respect to "crediting" Macromedia are outlined in the Made With
>Macromedia program guidelines:
>
>http://www.macromedia.com/support/programs/mwm/
>
>If you are using Director MX 2004 then you have no such obligations.
>Create your content and publish away, no specific credit to Macromedia
>is required.
>
>Cheers,
>Tom Higgins - Technical Product Manager Macromedia Director and the
>Shockwave Player http://weblogs.macromedia.com/thiggins/

Which ones, Tom?

The Summary on that page, or the differing rules included in the actual
Run-time Distribution Agreement .pdf? :)

Though maybe the language on that page has been cleaned up.....because
it seems more straightforward than it did back in 2001-ish when I first
started complaining about how the strict interpretation of the various
documents was wildly different.

Maybe it's just the whole "MadeWithMacromedia copyright blah and
DIRECTOR(tm) copyright blah" part that's missing from the summary.

roymeo

Roy Crisman
Macromedia Director Programmer, Lingo Guru, Multimedia Producer 150
Laidley St #1 San Francisco, CA  94131-2754
(415)568-2900x39
(415)695-1972 home
(585)615-2873 cell
http://www.brokenoffcarantenna.com/