> Dear co-listers,
>
> I am working on a Project and iīm facing a problem. In my app i
> have to send an email through Director. The point is i could not find
> how to do this. I know i can put a link mailto into Lingo, but that
> would open my email clien and what i want is to send the mail via Lingo,
> without outlook, OE ar any other app getting in the way, so, is there a
> way to open a network connection and send the email via Lingo?, do i
> need an Xtra? Which one? (so many questions...). The other thing is i
> have to send an HTML mail. Regarding this, i think i can compose the
> HTML code using text and variables and assigning the whole thing to a
> HUGE variable something like "the_mail=<html>$mail_code&<html>", is this
> approach correct. If i use images, should i attach the images to the
> mail? How do i do this?, īcause i donīt want to to have to download
> something over the net in order to see the pics (again, so many
> questions...)

Your best bet would be to write a server-side script to send out the email
formatted as HTML. You can use Lingo to pass the text to the server-side
script if necessary. You might want to look for email components if ur email
traffice is going to be really high...eg sending bulk mail, etc..

Regards,
Anand Ravi