-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Evil Kosh
Sent: Monday, September 13, 2004 2:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: <lingo-l> LDM's and TELL is NOT obsolete whatever MM says

>dude, just cause you noticed a bug doesnt discount what I said, we're in
>version 10.0 and core issues like scope are not fixed yet.  At version
>10.0, ANY application should be going into maintanence mode on the older
>features whilst introducing NEW features, not STILL fixing issues from
>like 5+ years ago, thats just lazy/bad application development

First, obsolete has never meant it won't work, just that its being phased
out.

Tell is not needed as Rob has shown you and LDMs, to my knowledge, have
never been a fully supported feature.  Its one of those things that was
added in as a nice extra.  I would certainly rather get a few half way
features than not have any access to them because they could not be fully
finalized.  I have pages of things that I have used over the years that are
either undocumented or unsupported.  You have to be careful, but sometimes
the reward far outweighs the risk.

I would like these items cleaned up a bit as well, but don't start attacking
the developers for this.  They do a lot with the little they have.  There is
a problem with MM ignoring Director (I would say it comes from the CEO
chair) but making attacks on the programmers is not going to help. Submit a
bug report or ask for a solution, but the fact is many people are using the
features you are complaining about just fine.  Its simply a matter of
understanding how they work and how to get them working the way you want.

>> I'm sure it is a statement like this, which will lead to more
>> enthusiasm
>> in the director team to fix thissue.
>
>well it sure as hell couldnt do any harm could it!

Yes it can hurt.  The developers, especially Tom, have been great about
listening to the community.  If all we do is badger them I certainly would
not expect them to keep being so helpful. :)

-Chuck
Chuck Neal
CEO, MediaMacros, Inc.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.mediamacros.com
Check out the Developers Mall
Your one stop shop for all your Director Xtra Needs
http://www.mediamacros.net/customer