On 3/12/2016 3:16 PM, David Lochrin wrote:
Turnbull frequently speaks disparagingly about "the elites" and "the elite
press", by which he means the ABC and Fairtax.  Is he trying to create the same situation
here?  If so, he's sunk far lower than I would have thought possible.
As far as I can tell, Turnbull began using "elite" as a dog-whistle only after Trump used it successfully. Yes, Turnbull is trying to emulate Trump. Whether he's enough of a showman to pull it off remains to be seen.

--
David Boxall                    |  The world is run by
http://david.boxall.id.au       |          --Tony Windsor