On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 05:28:44AM +0800, John Summerfield wrote:
> > Tom
> >
> > You don't need to create real CDs unless you're planning on inserting them
> > into your S/390 hardware's CD reader, or you don't have enough disk space on
> > a Linux/Windows/UNIX FTP server to hold all the individual files.  (Of
> > course, if that were true, how would you download the .iso files?)  The
> > bottom line is, .iso files are a convenience for people who want to make
> > real CDs.  If you don't need that, don't worry.  If you _do_ need that, then
> > the software on your CD burner should be able to handle the job of
> > transferring the files from a PC to the CD.
> >

> CD images are a convenient way of
>   Packaging stuff for download - get the image, check the sum and you
> know whether you've got that bundle
>   Storing stuff when not in use. CD storage is cheaper than online disk.
>
> A CD that boots on your desktop might make a handy NFS server to
> install from. I recall problems with SUSE not installing from NT
> servers. (A bootable DVD might be even handier;-))
>
> The software for your CD burner might not package the files
> convenently. Red Hat's procedures do.
>
> Downloadable CD images are GOOD.

Yes, In my case, the connection was very unstable and slow, it took about
10days to download whole tree. It was terrible.

So, I made ISO files from this downloaded tree except SRPMS. If you need
this ISO files, please let me know. Or if this is no problem to put these
files on internet server, I'll put them on public area.

Best regards,
Jae-hwa

--
Jae-hwa Park <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
IBM Korea, Inc.                     Sa-Rang means LOVE!