"McKown, John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Sent by: Linux on 390 Port <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
12/19/2003 12:11 PM
Please respond to Linux on 390 Port

        To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: SuSE 8 Installation problem on z800

Hard wait code 000F usually means that the volume does not have any IPL
text
on it. Are you sure that you got the zipl correct? That's where I'd look
first.

We thought that was the problem. We checked. Our consultant tells us that
the first of the volumes (0x2300) should be the IPL device. He was not
sure about the load parameter. What goes into the load parameter? Is it
something to do specifically with Linux?

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its' content is
protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should
delete
this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of this transmission, or taking any action based on it, is
strictly prohibited.