On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 07:23:24AM -0500, shogunx wrote:

| On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Phil Howard wrote:
|
| > | That part I have.  What I do not have is 3-phase power to run it.
| >
| > What voltage and amperage does it need?
|
| 3-phase 440V most likely about 20-30 amps.

You'll need at least 25 kVA.  That's as much power as a small house.  Then
add air conditioning.  Not sure whether upgrading electric service or buying
a generator would cost more.  Maybe renting one long enough to see if it
will power up could be done.  What are your goals for it?

Is it literally 440 volts, or is that just a figure of speech for what is
officially 480 volts (if you are in the US)?

| Phil Howard KA9WGN       | http://linuxhomepage.com/      http://ham.org/ |
| (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/   http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |