I'm sure there are many banks in Nigeria that would love to open an account for
you.  We're always getting emails from them trying to give away money of some
rich person who died and has no family.  All you need to do is give them your
current bank account number!

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005, Phil Howard wrote:

> | > What voltage and amperage does it need?
> |
> | 3-phase 440V most likely about 20-30 amps.
>
> You'll need at least 25 kVA.  That's as much power as a small house.  Then
> add air conditioning.  Not sure whether upgrading electric service or buying
> a generator would cost more.  Maybe renting one long enough to see if it
> will power up could be done.  What are your goals for it?
>
> Is it literally 440 volts, or is that just a figure of speech for what is
> officially 480 volts (if you are in the US)?

Well, according to ohms law, it should work at 440, though with a higher
current draw.  You are correct.  3-phase each phase 120 degrees out of
phase from the others at 120V per phase yields 3 discrete 240V circuits
(actually about 208V after phase shift, but for all practical purposes its
the same thing, and depends on whether you use a wye or delta
configuration in your transformer).  So figure of speech it is.  In an
electic company FUD kind of way.

<tangent>
Also, is there anyone on
this list that operates a s/390 / z-series machine (preferably running
linux) in a bank?  If so, please contact me off list with information on
how to open an account.  I am having a problem with my current bank,
Netbank, and after a bit of research, have found the reason.  They operate
m$ servers.  Go figure.

Scott

> --
> | Phil Howard KA9WGN       | http://linuxhomepage.com/      http://ham.org/ |
> | (first name) at ipal.net | http://phil.ipal.org/   http://ka9wgn.ham.org/ |

> send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: INFO LINUX-390 or visit

sleekfreak pirate broadcast
http://sleekfreak.ath.cx:81/

The information in this e-mail message, including any attachments, may
contain confidential and privileged information that is protected by
law. It is intended for the sole use of the recipient named above. If
you are not the intended recipient or the agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized review, use, dissemination or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in
error please notify us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and delete any copies from your system.

<<<<GWAVAsig>>>>