Thanks Marcy.  That is a good thought.  Unfortunately, EREP doesn't even
log errors unless there are 10 consecutive failures.  So intermittent
errors can go unrecorded.  Depending on how Linux counts, that could be
possible.

We had issues on about a dozen Linux guests spread across 4 z/VM LPARs that
share this DASD subsystem.  There are over 500 Linux guests on these
LPARs.  This does not make much sense.  I am supposed to make the same kind
of change on our production systems but I can't take a risk of this kind of
problem.  This is not good!

Rick