This is also why OPTION CHPIDVIRTUALIZATION ONE (and also the GLOBALOPTS
statement) was invented, so that relocating guests don't see the real paths
or care if the paths on the LPAR they move to change.  The notes in the CP
planning guide say "A single, virtualized CHPID is presented to the guest
for dedicated devices and minidisks, independent of the real system CHPID.
All online paths will still be used to support the guest I/O. This option
is a requirement for a guest to be eligible for live guest relocation." and
also "This option should be specified only when the guest is going to be
relocated. In addition to virtualizing the CHPID numbers, CHPIDV ONE
results in DASD path group ID virtualization."

I'm not sure why it is suggested that this option is only used for
relocating guests.  It seems that it would have been useful to you if your
Linux guests had this option in effect before you started changing the
paths!

--
Bruce Hayden
z/VM and Linux on System z ATS