This is interesting.
Having 2TB of page space in test/dev I'm sure we have some potential space
savings if this could be done across all dev/test servers...

However, you'd really want to do this carefully and it might not even be
practical if linux itself didn't drive this diag.
If done outside (ala Rob's cmmflush), you'd need to swapoff the disk so that
you first make linux clean it up and to prevent it from putting more on there.
Swapoff of a full 2G disk takes a very long time (more than 30 minutes IIRC).
It probably drives up the page rate while that is going on as well.
And if you've done the swapoff, no big deal to just add a vary off, detach,
define, mkswap, swapon to your script in lieu of a diag to do it.
Probably would need to stagger this activity if you have a lot of servers on a
single box.
As often as we have to reboot or IPL VM for security patching, HW work, and
other maintenance anymore, here anyway it gets cleaned up fairly often.

So I can see why VM development would reject it since they'd really need Linux
development to make use of it and Linux development might not be that
interested if it's never going to be accepted into the kernel since the x side
doesn't swap well anyway and adding cheap memory is the solution there.

Actually, maybe it is here too.  Making the vdisks smaller and memory size
bigger and running CMM often might accomplish what is desired?