On Thursday 5 May, 2011 13:31:17 cwillu wrote:
> I took the liberty of asking #debian, and they've requested that you
> file a bug in their bug tracker.  They've also suggested that you
> might be able to short-circuit the faulty script in their kernel
> package via an "exit 0", or even replace the faulty grub-probe by
> manually extracting the newer version of the package.

I tried to install Debian's reportbug, but of course I can't.  And assembling
the info they need for email reporting will take me a half day of analysis.
Part of the problem here is I am trying desperately to make a living in another
line of business, and I don't have time for any of these problems.

I don't know how to manually extract a package.  I guess it's done with dpkg,
but that will take more time for me to figure out.  I've lost half of today
already on this problem.