On Thursday 5 May, 2011 23:33:33 Sander wrote:
> Can you do:
>
> echo "true" > /var/lib/dpkg/info/grub-installer.postinst
>
> and try again?

At some point somehow grup-pc apparently got installed, even with the script
failure.  So I tried my dist-upgrade again, and seems to have completed almost
400 packages, but three still fail:
 linux-image-2.6.38-2-amd64
 grub-pc
 linux-image-2.6-amd64

I can't reboot at this point, as on this machine I started a 'balance' through
ssh on another machine, and it's been running for over 12 hours.  It does not
respond to ^C and I'm afraid to reboot with it running.