On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Chris Murphy <li...@colorremedies.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 11, 2017 at 11:08 PM,  <siranee...@tpc.co.th> wrote:
>
> I think the problem is that the script does things so fast that the
> snapshot is not always consistent on disk before btrfs send starts.
> It's just a guess though. If I'm right, this means the rsync mismaches
> mean the destination snapshots are bad.

Hmm. I was wondering about this exact issue the other day when I
fiddled with my own backup script.
- Should I issue a sync between creating a snapshot and starting to
rsync (or send/receive) the content of that fresh snapshot to an
external backup storage?
I dismissed the thought because I figured rsync should see the proper
state regardless if some data is still waiting in the system
write-back cache.
Now I am confused again. Is it only for send/receive? (I don't use
that feature yet but thought about switching to it from rsync.)