De :    Tim Serong <tser...@suse.com>
A :     linux-ha@lists.linux-ha.org
Date :  26/10/2011 08:00
Objet : Re: [Linux-HA] PCMK + OCFS2
Envoyé par :    linux-ha-boun...@lists.linux-ha.org

On 26/10/11 16:42, alain.mou...@bull.net wrote:
> Hi Nick,
>
> I spent e few weeks to try to make this stack ocfs2.pcmk working with
> pacemaker/corosync stack
> last fall 2010, and this stack was definitely not working on RH. Many
> conflicts
> between ocfs2 clustering and pacemaker clustering leading to both nodes
> killed
> or at least ocfs2 fs read-only whereas the other node was fenced, etc. I
> give up
> on this stack.
> I 'm very curious to know if it works now (at least on RHEL6) but I
don't
> think so
> as the response of Oracle last year was that they did not work on this
> stack again.
> But perhaps they have now ...

You can't (or at least, seriously shouldn't - that way lies madness)
have both Pacemaker and O2CB simultaneously managing the cluster.

I can't speak for OCFS2 support on Debian or RHEL, but I can suggest
reading:

* The previous version of Clusters from Scratch (labelled "OpenAIS") at
http://www.clusterlabs.org/wiki/Documentation (this is old, but refers
to OCFS2).

* The relevant chapter of the SLE HA documentation:
http://www.novell.com/documentation/sle_ha/book_sleha/?page=/documentation/sle_ha/book_sleha/data/part_storage.html

* Lars' blog post about using clone-of-group configuration in Pacemaker:
http://www.advogato.org/person/lmb/diary/104.html

HTH,

Tim

http://oss.clusterlabs.org/pipermail/pacemaker/attachments/20091013/b7980710/attachment.bat