Linux-Hardware Digest #136, Volume #10            Sun, 2 May 99 01:13:32 EDT

Contents:
  Re: SoundBlaster PCI128 problems (Harold Hotham)
  Re: Creative has just posted SB-Live Linux drivers! (Jim Brooks)

Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 14:30:26 +1000
From: Harold Hotham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Crossposted-To: linux.dev.sound,linux.redhat.misc
Subject: Re: SoundBlaster PCI128 problems

Hi,

Try www.opensound.com otherwise you will probally need to upgrade to
kernel 2.2.*

Harold

------------------------------

Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 00:20:18 +0000
From: Jim Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Creative has just posted SB-Live Linux drivers!

Jim Zubb wrote:

> Rich Powell wrote:
> >
> > They have just posted Linux drivers on their web site.  I have just
> > downloaded them and am about to try them out.  Whoa baby - sound!
> >
> > http://developer.soundblaster.com/linux/
> >
> > Rich
>
> No MIDI.

xplaymidi does not work for me also (complains about /dev/sequencer).
Though I used insmod -f in order to stay with kernel 2.2.7.
But kudos to Creative for at least trying.

--

                 |     |                    Jim Brooks
                 |  _  |                    mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
           +|+  [ ( o ) ]  +|+              PGP public key available