On Sun, Dec 29, 2002, b g wrote about "Re: "Takanon" in transparent format [Was: Re:
Hamakor website]":
> > We will. The only reason the takanon is like this is because it was
> > written by lawyers (being a legal document) for Rasham Ha Amutut which
> > works with (you guessed it) DOC files and it is still being debated by
>
> Which means that the amuta has a chance of making changes even before it
> exists, by  insisting to register with transparent format documents. I think
> that the Suprime Court (in case you get there) will be on it's (amuta's)
> side.

Let's just try to remember that the amuta we're trying to create is called
"Hamakor", not "Don Quixote", and it is not necessarily about fighting losing
battles with windmills.
There is no need to delay the Amuta's creation by practicing our political
agenda on the registrar of Amutot, of all people.

It's quite interesting, by the way, that they even take electronic documents,
MS-Word or not. From what I recall in my dealings with lawyers, or the lawyers
I see on TV ( ;) ), they always work with printed documents (on papers with
strange, non-standard sizes), and don't usually send one another, let alone
judges or other officials, email.

--
Nadav Har'El                        |       Sunday, Dec 29 2002, 25 Tevet 5763
Phone: +972-53-245868, ICQ 13349191 |Does replacing myself with a shell-script