On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 06:00:25PM +0200, Ira Abramov wrote:

> seriously, why should the registrar care if it's transparent or opaque
> if he's not going to edit it? as long as it's an open and popular
> standard it can be PDF or Flash for all I care :)

  I believe that PDF is hardly popular here. Tech people and others that
are exposed to technical or English stuff use it but I would say that
the majority here hardly use it, if at all and probably doesn't have it
installed.
  How easy it is to create .pdfs on Windows without paying a lot of
money to Adobe?

> if I am a member of the amuta and I want to change a rule, I offer it to
> the assembly, I dont edit the file directly. the board, if the decision
> falls through, has the source to fix and regenerate a PDF...

  I believe you are wrong about it. It would be easier both for you and
your audience the other way.

--

    Shaul Karl, [EMAIL PROTECTED] e t