On Sunday, Jan 12, 2003, at 01:03 Asia/Jerusalem, Alex Chudnovsky wrote:

And but - if the hardware is rare, there
may be as well that noone in the Linux community have any interest in writing
the driver, even with the specs there in the open.
Tell me about it :-( That is exactly the case with the DVD Decoder card on my 4 tear old laptop.
The best I got was a post by a developer back in 1991 saying that since there aren't enough people with this card for them to write the driver:
< http://www.au.linuxvideo.org/lists/livid-dev/2001-February/ msg00222.html >

Sigh.

Mandrake 9 actually identified what it is (LuxSonor LS242), but I don't have anything who knows how to run or use it.