On Wednesday 10 December 2003 11:31, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 6. Another option is to get a xDSL router. It will do all the dialup & NAT
> & FW work for you. This way the changes in your home network are minors.

It may not work. Be very careful when you purchase such router. The stores are
full with Edimax routers that DO NOT WORK with cable Internet Israeli edition
for some very simple reason - their configuration possibilities are very
limited. They allow you to choose either DHCP or PPTP, but not BOTH and, of
course, not one above another.
Purchasing such a router for my small home network of 2 PCs plus me being
extremely bored of seeing a lot of unrequested "martian" packets travelling
freely along the DHCP-driven circle, or Windows XP connecting through "shared
connection" of another cable user and not via "lawful" PPTP connection,
finally made me to switch to ADSL. Surprise, surprise - the router works
almost perfectly ( it needs to be reset sometimes, after prolonged use of p2p
programs that create a lot of connections).

--

Regards,
Alex Chudnovsky