On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I think your complains regarding Microsoft Word format are ridiculous.
> I don't what you to send me documents in Open Office or in PDF formats
> as it will make another unnecessary loop.

ok, lets put this in a different perspective. you are looking for Linux
people (or you wouldn't have been looking for them on this list). quite a
few of the people that use linux, do not have microsoft office, and are
thus unable to send you a resume in the format you want to get.

thus, you cut out some people. it's even feasible that the more a person
is familiar with linux, the less chance that they have microsoft office.
so you're cutting out the people that you most want to send you their
resumes.

here is a simple idea: how about accepting resumes written in html? they
are easy enough to create for linux users (and user of other platforms
as well). and they are easy enough for you to process (microsoft word,
office 2000 or higher, can import html quite easily - especially the
simple html that is likely to be found in a resume).

so, what do you chose - to keep people antagonized towards your company,
or to be a little more flexible?

--
guy

"For world domination - press 1,