Yonah Russ wrote:

I meant to solve the problem of israeli summer time in a way that we shouldn't have to update every individual station every year but rather that one computer be updated and let the update propogate automatically throughout israel.

perhaps we could piggy back the timezone settings on the existing ntp infrastructure so that ntp.ac.il would propogate the correct timezone information to all the stations downstream
yonah

A noble idea but for the umpteenth time - why do you think it'll fit NTP? NTP has
nothing to do with time zones (google the list archives). And as Ehud Karni says -
you need the entire timezone file not just a small record.

As much as I'd like to automate this myself, I can't find something much better than
a simple ftp to the HUJI site and maybe a wrapper to compile the downloaded file
(or install Debian - so far they always had an up to date copy of the Israeli timezone).

(replace "ftp" with "http", "bittorent", "rsync" or any other file distribution protocol).

--Amos