Ehud Karni wrote:
It is not about the software, it is about support. Some defense
departments are using this software with SourceFire support and
they are afraid that Israel might spy on them (remember Polard ?).

Actually, I think you are right.  Would the Israeli army agree for
workers of a company from a foreign country to be in charge of
installing & maintaining security software on the Israeli army's
computers?  Remember that a company can receive a court order from its
country, which it has to follow - whether it likes it or not.  Remember
that Google, Yahoo, Microsoft etc. give information to the Unites States
government (with or without court orders), and even to the Chinese
government.

The world is controlled by power, and the USA wants to keep power and
not share it with other countries.  All countries want power.  But some
have more power than others.

I wouldn't call it stupid, but I would call it selfish.  The world is a
selfish place.  Read The Selfish Gene for more details.

Best Regards,

Uri Even-Chen
Speedy Net
Raanana, Israel.