On Wed, 10 Jun 2009, Hans Verkuil wrote:

> Um, you are asking the wrong person. It's one of the two methods used on
> this list. Yes, pull requests are unusual compared to other lists (and so
> is the use of hg instead of git for that matter due to historical reasons).

No, they are not unusual, but - they come _after_ all patches to be pulled
have been posted (and reviewed) on the list. For exanple, on ARM, they
have sub-maintainers for various ARM CPUs, those sub-maintainers collect
patches from contributors for their platforms from the list, and post
their own patches to the list too. After that they form pull requests with
patches that have been reviewed on the list and that they (and everyone
else) are happy about.

> If Mauro says: use patch series, then I'll modify my workflow. If you prefer
> to see these subdev patches as a patch series, then I can do that for you.
> I have no preference myself. It's also a discussion I have no wish to go
> into.
>
> So if you see a pull request from me and prefer to have it as a patch
> series, just mail me and I'll do it. No problem.

This would help yes, thanks. Or - see my idea in an earlier mail in this
thread.

Thanks
Guennadi
---