Hi Bhupesh,

On Tuesday 01 March 2011 08:25:12 Bhupesh SHARMA wrote:
> Hi Guennadi and Laurent,
>
> We are now evaluating another ST platform that supports a image
> co-processor between the camera sensor and the camera host (SoC).
>
> The simple architecture diagram will be similar to one shown below
> (for the sake of simplicity I show only a single sensor. At least
> two sensors can be supported by the co-processor):

[snip] (as the ascii-art looks more like a Picasso painting with the quote
characters)

> The co-processor supports a video progressing logic engine capable of
> performing a variety of operations like image recovery, cropping, scaling,
> gamma correction etc.
>
> Now, evaluating the framework available for supporting for the camera
> host, sensor and co-processor, I am wondering whether soc-camera(v4l2) can
> support this complex design or something similar to the ISP driver written
> for OMAP is the way forward.

I think this can be a good candidate for the media controller API. It depends
on how complex the co-processor is and what kind of processing it performs. I
suppose there's no public datasheet.

You will probably need to enhance subdev registration, as I'm not aware of any
existing use case such as yours where a chain of subdevs unknown to the host
controller is connected to the host controller input.

> Any pointers on the same and reference links to some documentation
> will be highly appreciated.

Laurent Pinchart