Hi Laurent,

Ok, I will try it :)

> capable of

> camera
> camera(v4l2)
> driver
> > >
> > > I think this can be a good candidate for the media controller API.
> It
> > > depends on how complex the co-processor is and what kind of
> processing it
> > > performs. I suppose there's no public datasheet.
> > >
> > > You will probably need to enhance subdev registration, as I'm not
> aware
> > > of any existing use case such as yours where a chain of subdevs
> unknown to
> > > the host controller is connected to the host controller input.
> >
> > Could you please give me some documentation links for media
> controller API.
>
> The media controller documentation is part of the V4L2 kernel
> documentation.
> You can find a compiled copy at
> http://www.ideasonboard.org/media/media/

Thanks, I will go through the same.

> The in-kernel API is documented in the kernel sources, in
> Documentation/media-
> framework.txt
>
> > Are there are reference drivers that I can use for my study?
>
> The OMAP3 ISP driver.

Thanks, I will go through the same.

> > Unfortunately the data-sheet of the co-processor cannot be made
> public
> > as of yet.
>
> Can you publish a block diagram of the co-processor internals ?

I will check internally to see if I can send a block-diagram
of the co-processor internals to you. The internals seem similar to
OMAP ISP (which I can see from the public TRM). However, our
co-processor doesn't have the circular buffer and MMU that ISP seem to
have (and some other features).

In the meantime I copy the features of the co-processor here for your review:

Input / Output interfaces of co-processor:
- Sensor interfaces: 2 x MIPI CSI-2 receivers (1 x dual-lane up to 1.6 Gbit/s
 and 1 x single lane up to 800 Mbit/s)
- Host interface: MIPI CSI-2 dual lane transmitter (up to 1.6 Gbit/s) or ITU
 (8-bit CCIR interface, up to 100 MHz) - all with independent variable
 transmitter clock (PLL)
- Control interface: CCI (up to 400 kHz) or SPI

Sensor support:
===============
- Supports two MIPI compliant sensors of up to 8 Megapixel resolution
 (one sensor streaming at a time)
- Support for auto-focus (AF), extended depth of field (EDOF) and wide dynamic
 range (WDR)sensors

Internal Features:
==================
- Versatile clock manager and internal buffer to accommodate a wide range of
data rates
  between sensors and the coprocessor and between the coprocessor and the host.
- Synchronized flash gun control with red-eye reduction (pre-flash and
main-flash strobes) for
  high-power LED or Xenon strobe light
- Low power standby mode
- Two video pipes (enables concurrent viewfinding and video/stills capture)
- Face detection and tracking algorithm
- Video stabilization
- Adaptive 4-channel lens shading and barrel distortion correction
- Statistics processor for advanced automatic exposure and white balance
- Automatic contrast stretch
- Nine-zone auto-focus with flexible actuator driver
- Digital zoom: smooth 16x down-scale capability and 4x up-scale capability
- Advanced noise and defect filtering
- Color reconstruction
- Adaptive color correction matrix
- Sharpness enhancement
- Programmable gamma correction
- Lighting frequency detection and automatic flicker reduction
- Image rotation/mirroring/flip for the viewfinder (up to 480 x 360)
- Special effects

Data Formats:
- Output formats: JPEG, YUV4:2:2, YUV4:2:0, Planar YUV4:2:0 (up to 480 x 360),
RGB888,
  RGB565, RGB444
- JPEG compression with programmable quantization matrix and target file size

Regards,
Bhupesh