Hi Bhupesh and Laurent,

Bhupesh SHARMA wrote:
>> Try to configure your mailer to use spaces instead of tabs, or to make
>> tabs 8
>> spaces wide. It should then look good. Replies will usually mess the
>> diagrams
>> up though.
>
> Ok, I will try it :)

Attachments are usually safe as well.

>>> Are there are reference drivers that I can use for my study?
>>
>> The OMAP3 ISP driver.
>
> Thanks, I will go through the same.

The major difference in this to OMAP 3 is that the OMAP 3 does have
access to host side memory but the co-processor doesn't --- as it's a
CSI-2 link.

Additional CSI-2 receiver (and a driver for it) is required on the host
side. This receiver likely is not dependent on the co-processor so the
driver shouldn't be either.

For example, using this co-processor should well be possible with the
OMAP 3 ISP, in theory at least. What would be needed in this case is...
support for multiple complex Media device drivers under a single Media
device --- both drivers would be accessible through the same media device.

The co-processor would mostly look like a sensor for the OMAP 3 ISP
driver. Its internal topology would be more complex, though.

Just a few ideas; what do you think of this? :-)

>>> Unfortunately the data-sheet of the co-processor cannot be made
>> public
>>> as of yet.
>>
>> Can you publish a block diagram of the co-processor internals ?
>
> I will check internally to see if I can send a block-diagram
> of the co-processor internals to you. The internals seem similar to

I'd be very interested in this as well, thank you.

> OMAP ISP (which I can see from the public TRM). However, our
> co-processor doesn't have the circular buffer and MMU that ISP seem to
> have (and some other features).
>
> In the meantime I copy the features of the co-processor here for your review:
>
> Input / Output interfaces of co-processor:
> - Sensor interfaces: 2 x MIPI CSI-2 receivers (1 x dual-lane up to 1.6 Gbit/s
>  and 1 x single lane up to 800 Mbit/s)
> - Host interface: MIPI CSI-2 dual lane transmitter (up to 1.6 Gbit/s) or ITU
>  (8-bit CCIR interface, up to 100 MHz) - all with independent variable
>  transmitter clock (PLL)
> - Control interface: CCI (up to 400 kHz) or SPI
>
> Sensor support:
> ===============
> - Supports two MIPI compliant sensors of up to 8 Megapixel resolution
>  (one sensor streaming at a time)
> - Support for auto-focus (AF), extended depth of field (EDOF) and wide dynamic
>  range (WDR)sensors
>
> Internal Features:
> ==================
> - Versatile clock manager and internal buffer to accommodate a wide range of
> data rates
>   between sensors and the coprocessor and between the coprocessor and the
> host.
> - Synchronized flash gun control with red-eye reduction (pre-flash and
> main-flash strobes) for
>   high-power LED or Xenon strobe light

Does the co-processor have internal memory or can external memory be
attached to it for buffer storage?

Sakari Ailus
sakari.ai...@maxwell.research.nokia.com