Hi Bhupesh,

On Tuesday 01 March 2011 10:46:36 Bhupesh SHARMA wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 01, 2011 3:11 PM Laurent Pinchart wrote:
> > On Tuesday 01 March 2011 08:25:12 Bhupesh SHARMA wrote:
> > > Hi Guennadi and Laurent,
> > >
> > > We are now evaluating another ST platform that supports a image
> > > co-processor between the camera sensor and the camera host (SoC).
> > >
> > > The simple architecture diagram will be similar to one shown below
> > > (for the sake of simplicity I show only a single sensor. At least
> >
> > > two sensors can be supported by the co-processor):
> > [snip] (as the ascii-art looks more like a Picasso painting with the
> > quote
> > characters)
> :
> :(
>
> Despite my efforts to align it properly :)

Try to configure your mailer to use spaces instead of tabs, or to make tabs 8
spaces wide. It should then look good. Replies will usually mess the diagrams
up though.

> > > The co-processor supports a video progressing logic engine capable of
> > > performing a variety of operations like image recovery, cropping,
> > > scaling, gamma correction etc.
> > >
> > > Now, evaluating the framework available for supporting for the camera
> > > host, sensor and co-processor, I am wondering whether soc-camera(v4l2)
> > > can support this complex design or something similar to the ISP driver
> > > written for OMAP is the way forward.
> >
> > I think this can be a good candidate for the media controller API. It
> > depends on how complex the co-processor is and what kind of processing it
> > performs. I suppose there's no public datasheet.
> >
> > You will probably need to enhance subdev registration, as I'm not aware
> > of any existing use case such as yours where a chain of subdevs unknown to
> > the host controller is connected to the host controller input.
>
> Could you please give me some documentation links for media controller API.

The media controller documentation is part of the V4L2 kernel documentation.
You can find a compiled copy at http://www.ideasonboard.org/media/media/

The in-kernel API is documented in the kernel sources, in Documentation/media-
framework.txt

> Are there are reference drivers that I can use for my study?

The OMAP3 ISP driver.

> Unfortunately the data-sheet of the co-processor cannot be made public
> as of yet.

Can you publish a block diagram of the co-processor internals ?

Laurent Pinchart