Hello.

"Vlad Romascanu (LMC)" wrote:
> If interrupts have been
> disabled for more than a certain amount of time (easy to detect from within
> the emulated IRQ0 generator, maybe coupled with the CLI/STI trap handler),
> DosEmu could force the enabling of interrupts.  Then Doom should then get
OK, after some messing around DMA code, I managed Doom to work with sound
this way...

> past the "Initializing timer..." lockup and work properly.  Can someone test
> that?
Tested, not good. Doom uses cli/popf not only on startup but each time it
produces the sound. So, if the delay is 1 sec and you are running with a
chainsaw which always produces sound, you will see a frequent pauses -
slideshow. And if the delay is reduced to several msecs, Doom works fine
but the workaround triggers also for other apps compromissing the stability.

Btw, I patched CPUemu to update dosemu flags on popf and Doom works
with sound, but emulated CPU is too slow:(