On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, A. Alper ATICI wrote:

> U_SMALL_LETTER_DOTLESS_I is a legitimate iso-8859-9 character, yet there
> exists an approximation for it, so it cannot be typed. Could the
> related developer please remove it?

I don't think that would be the right thing to do. Approximations are only
used if no alternative is available in the real character set.

Did you check what happens if you remove the U_SMALL_LETTER_DOTLESS_I
approximation? As far as I know you'd get a question mark instead then
which is also not what you want.

Did you set $_external_charset to iso-8859-9 and $_internal_charset to a
DOS character set that contains the dotless i, such as cp850 or cp857?

Please run
dosemu -dumb -input '\rexitemu\r' -D+vk -O 2>&1 | grep charset
to be sure about that.

Bart