For localizing the repo you can look into Dell Repo Manager:

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/Drivers/
DriversDetails?driverId=2GY7P

You can customize the repo if you need to hold back a version for anything
and it's a great tool. Runs on Linux now!!!

For firmware updates I used to use .BIN files in the OS. I then moved to
64-bit .exe files through DRAC. I now use OME to DRAC for almost everything
for managing about 600 servers (11/12/13Gen).

OME has gotten much better. Based on your numbers though I believe you
would need to run multiple installs of OME as I "think" it maxes out at
close to 2000 devices. It's is also good to batch update smaller groups of
devices at a time (20 or so) rather than trying to update 1000 at a time.
Just something to think about if you need to end up going this route.

Cameron