On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM, Dmitriy B. <rzk...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Besides, why can't linux-sunxi cooperate with the Linaro people?
>> Everything Linaro does is on open mailing lists and servers
>

> Because its not. Try to find reference manuals for latest Exynos, HiSilicon
> K3V2 and other Linaro members SoCs and try to join the development, send a

That is not in the category of "what Linaro does". The code written at
Linaro is open and open lists discuss it. It is the vendor pushing
those NDAs, not Linaro. Joining Linaro is not going to automatically
change Allwinner's position on keeping Cedar source secret.  Do we
even know for sure if Allwinner has the ability to open source it and
that Cedar is free from a third party licensing mess?

BTW, Hisilicon has never been open source friendly so why did you buy
their stuff?

> patch there (hint: you wont be able to. Because: NDAs, strict userlist and
> zero documentation).

I haven't had any trouble with getting them to take my patches. But
maybe they are in a gray area since several of the key ARM kernel
maintainers are also Linaro employees.  Here are the mailing lists...

I'm not insider but I believe there are two kinds of NDAs inside of
Linaro. 1) Vendors that don't want to be open. 2) NDAs for unannounced
products.

By any way you slice it, I believe Allwinner joining Linaro will
improve their software offerings, not hurt them.

> --

Jon Smirl
jonsm...@gmail.com