Hi,

On 05/16/2014 10:38 AM, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Hans de Goede <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 05/15/2014 08:56 PM, Amit Kucheria wrote:
>>> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Hans de Goede <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for the patch. Looking at the outside of the qt840a box,
>>>> I believe it is the same as the q5 (and the brandless box I have).
>>>>
>>>> With a PCB labelled i12 and I've already added a fex file for that ...
>>>>
>>>> Can you confirm that you've the same pcb as this one:
>>>> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Q5-Allwinner-A20-Android-4-2-Dual-Core-1-2GHz-OTA-Miracasr-DLNA-Support-1G-RAM/1834930044.html
>>>
>>> Yes, it looks identical and does say I12 on the PCB.
>>
>> Good, since I'm having trouble with my I12 tv box with the ethernet
>> I've ordered a qt840a for myself. This seems to also use a different
> 
> Shall we keep the wiki page I created[1]?

Yes that seems like a good idea, not some highres pictures of the entire pcb
(both front and back) would make a good addition.

Also can you please:
1) Create a link named I12-tvbox from the frontpage to this page.
2) Add some notes that the same pcb is also used in a tvbox called the q5 and
in some brandless boxes (with the same port layout / enclosure)
3) Add a note that the qt840a uses an ap6330 wifi/bt module where as the
   q5 and nonames uses an ap6210 wifi.bt module.

> 
>> wifi chip, as it claims to have 2.4 and 5 GHz wifi. What is written
>> as identifaction number on the wifi/bt module ?
> 
> The wifi is a broadcom ap6330 using the bcmdhd driver as per factory
> firmware. I've not spent too much time with it yet.
> 
>> I was going to say that it would be best if you would merge any
>> improvements you've into the i12-tvbox fex file already there,
>> but if you've a different wifi chip that is not a good idea.
> 
> I can't see a i12-tvbox.fex in sunxi-boards git tree. What should I look for?

I committed and pushed it May 14th, maybe you need to update your checkout ?

I've just also added your qt840a.fex since the ap6210 uses wifi_mod_sel = 7
where as the ap6330 uses wifi_mod_sel = 8.

>> So first lets see which wifi your board uses.
> 
> What about my u-boot patch? Did you create a dram file for the board too?

Yes, that one I had not pushed yet, but I just did, if you checkout the latest
sunxi branch code, then you can do:
make -j4 CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnu- i12-tvbox_config
make -j4 CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnu-

And you will get a u-boot which should work fine on your board too.

As for your patch I've not seen that one, I guess it somehow never made it
to the list. But is no longer necessary, the i12-tvbox target should work
100% for you.

>>>> And also does your ethernet port work ? Mine is flaky, and it seems
>>>> that the fex file is incorrect wrt the ethernet (on my pcb it needs
>>>> PH21 as emac power gpio to work at all.
>>>
>>> I switched to gmac and disabled "RGMII-by-default" in the gmac driver
>>> to get it to work. I'll send out the patch now that I know my earlier
>>> patches actually hit the list.
>>>
>>>> Is your ethernet phy also the ic ip101a-lp ?
>>>
>>> Yes.
>>
>>
>> Hmm, and it works reliable ? Can you try to "ping -f something-on-your-lan"
>> and see if you experience any packet drop. I get 10% packet drop or more.
> 
> Yes, I've done ping testing, nothing more yet.

Regular ping, or ping -f  ? ping -f floods the line with as much packets as
possible so it is a bit more of a stress test.

>> My ip101a-lp also gets quite hot, can you touch yours (for a while) while it
>> is in operation to see if it too gets hot ? I've a feeling mine is just
>> broken ...
> 
> I'll try it out.

Great, let me know how it goes :)

Regards,

Hans

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"linux-sunxi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to