Hi, On 05/22/2014 11:20 AM, Amit Kucheria wrote: > On Thu, May 22, 2014 at 2:27 PM, Hans de Goede <[email protected]> wrote: >> >>>>>>>> And also does your ethernet port work ? Mine is flaky, and it seems >>>>>>>> that the fex file is incorrect wrt the ethernet (on my pcb it needs >>>>>>>> PH21 as emac power gpio to work at all. >>> >>> Have you tried to disabling screen1_output_type in your fex file? >>> Disabling it kills my ethernet for some very strange reason I cannot >>> figure out yet. >>> >>> Keeping it enabled gives me lots of kernel warnings and dire messages >>> of "LCD in danger" >>> >> >> Have you tried setting "disp_mode" to 0 ? After that the screen1_output_* >> should no longer matter. Note that LCD1 also uses PH21, so that may be part >> of the problem. > > Yes, tried that as well. The gmac driver does not attach to the PHY. > Log here[1]. Renabling screen1_output gets rid of the PHY error and > ethernet works.
That log definitely looks like something is messing with PH21, no idea how to fix this (I've been doing all my testing with the upstream kernel, using dts files rather then fex files). > >>> Same thing with the ctp_int_port - I was confused why it needed to be >>> enabled for ethernet to work until you mentioned PH21 as the emac/gmac >>> power gpio. Having added that line to [gmac_para] I can now disable >>> the [ctp_para] but still unable to disable screen1_output_type. >>> > > <snip> > >> Does your phy chip also get hot (mine gets almost too hot to touch for a long >> period of time, but only if an ethernet cable is actually plugged in) ? > > My phy chip doesn't seem to be heating as much, it seems. Ok, that confirms that my phy chip likely is bust then. I'll retest when I receive my own QT840a. Regards, Hans -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "linux-sunxi" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [email protected]. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
