Hi,

On 05/21/2014 10:23 PM, Amit Kucheria wrote:
> Hi Hans,
> 
> (Do you explicitly change headers so that a reply-all doesn't include
> your email id? If so, I won't manually try to add you back again)

No googlegroups does that automatically (a bit of a mis feature). Still
there is no need to add me back again, I will see the mail regardless.

> On Sun, May 18, 2014 at 4:00 PM, Hans de Goede <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On 05/16/2014 10:38 AM, Amit Kucheria wrote:
>>> On Fri, May 16, 2014 at 1:17 PM, Hans de Goede <[email protected]> wrote:
>>>> Hi,
>>>>
>>>> On 05/15/2014 08:56 PM, Amit Kucheria wrote:
>>>>> On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 11:41 PM, Hans de Goede <[email protected]> 
>>>>> wrote:
>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks for the patch. Looking at the outside of the qt840a box,
>>>>>> I believe it is the same as the q5 (and the brandless box I have).
>>>>>>
>>>>>> With a PCB labelled i12 and I've already added a fex file for that ...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Can you confirm that you've the same pcb as this one:
>>>>>> http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Q5-Allwinner-A20-Android-4-2-Dual-Core-1-2GHz-OTA-Miracasr-DLNA-Support-1G-RAM/1834930044.html
>>>>>
>>>>> Yes, it looks identical and does say I12 on the PCB.
>>>>
>>>> Good, since I'm having trouble with my I12 tv box with the ethernet
>>>> I've ordered a qt840a for myself. This seems to also use a different
>>>
>>> Shall we keep the wiki page I created[1]?
>>
>> Yes that seems like a good idea, not some highres pictures of the entire pcb
>> (both front and back) would make a good addition.
> 
> Will do.
> 
>> Also can you please:
>> 1) Create a link named I12-tvbox from the frontpage to this page.
>> 2) Add some notes that the same pcb is also used in a tvbox called the q5 and
>> in some brandless boxes (with the same port layout / enclosure)
>> 3) Add a note that the qt840a uses an ap6330 wifi/bt module where as the
>>    q5 and nonames uses an ap6210 wifi.bt module.
> 
> Done.

Thanks!

<snip>

>>>>>> And also does your ethernet port work ? Mine is flaky, and it seems
>>>>>> that the fex file is incorrect wrt the ethernet (on my pcb it needs
>>>>>> PH21 as emac power gpio to work at all.
> 
> Have you tried to disabling screen1_output_type in your fex file?
> Disabling it kills my ethernet for some very strange reason I cannot
> figure out yet.
> 
> Keeping it enabled gives me lots of kernel warnings and dire messages
> of "LCD in danger"
> 

Have you tried setting "disp_mode" to 0 ? After that the screen1_output_*
should no longer matter. Note that LCD1 also uses PH21, so that may be part
of the problem.

> Same thing with the ctp_int_port - I was confused why it needed to be
> enabled for ethernet to work until you mentioned PH21 as the emac/gmac
> power gpio. Having added that line to [gmac_para] I can now disable
> the [ctp_para] but still unable to disable screen1_output_type.
> 
>>>>> I switched to gmac and disabled "RGMII-by-default" in the gmac driver
>>>>> to get it to work. I'll send out the patch now that I know my earlier
>>>>> patches actually hit the list.
>>>>>
>>>>>> Is your ethernet phy also the ic ip101a-lp ?
>>>>>
>>>>> Yes.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Hmm, and it works reliable ? Can you try to "ping -f something-on-your-lan"
>>>> and see if you experience any packet drop. I get 10% packet drop or more.
>>>
>>> Yes, I've done ping testing, nothing more yet.
>>
>> Regular ping, or ping -f  ? ping -f floods the line with as much packets as
>> possible so it is a bit more of a stress test.
>>
>>>> My ip101a-lp also gets quite hot, can you touch yours (for a while) while 
>>>> it
>>>> is in operation to see if it too gets hot ? I've a feeling mine is just
>>>> broken ...
>>>
>>> I'll try it out.
>>
>> Great, let me know how it goes :)
> 
> The ethernet is indeed flaky with a kernel oops showing up after a bit.

Does your phy chip also get hot (mine gets almost too hot to touch for a long
period of time, but only if an ethernet cable is actually plugged in) ?

Regards,

Hans

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"linux-sunxi" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to