Hi Ciprian,

On 17/10/16 11:13, Ciprian Manea wrote:
>  I'm using the Sinlinx SinA33 dev board, I connected it to my dev pc
> using the OTG cable, and I was able to boot it in the FEL mode.
> I used the sunxi tools (sunxi-fel more specifically ) to get BROM
> version and boot the board over usb.
> But is there a way to flash the onboard eMMC over the usb, using the
> sunxi tools ?

Not that I am aware of, and not sure if it's worth to pull in a MMC
driver via FEL (like we do with the much smaller SPI NOR flash code).

What I did last week was booting into U-Boot via FEL and using the mmc
command there to write the eMMC.
You can get data in via TFTP, USB storage (pen drive) or reading from an
SD card, for instance. Of course you can also load the image via FEL.
This works easily when the amount to flash is not overly big (read: fits
in DRAM easily).
So you do something like:
# tftpboot 0x50000000 emmc.img
# mmc write 0x50000000 0 <nr of sectors>

I think you can even automate this by some U-Boot environment magic (I
think sunxi-fel gained something for this lately).

I also enabled the md5sum command (which required some build system
changes) to make sure the transfer and flashing was sane.