Hi Andre,

  Thanks for your answer!
The thing is that there are a lot of libs&apps in the image and is bigger
than the available RAM.
If there's no way to flash the eMMC through the sunxi tools, is there a way
to boot over an USB storage device
and flash an image that is store on the USB storage to the eMMC ?

  And there are the phoenix tools. Are these of any use for flashing Linux
images?

Thanks,
Ciprian