Hi,

On 15/03/18 13:42, Martin Lucina wrote:
> On Thursday, 15.03.2018 at 11:47, Andre Przywara wrote:
>>> You did mention that only the kernel DTBs see the Ethernet device,
>>> so with U-boot 2018.83 I the "No ethernet found" is expected?
>>
>> Not really, the U-Boot .dtbs should always work with U-Boot's Ethernet
>> driver. What doesn't work at the moment is to reuse U-Boot's .dtb for
>> the kernel - which is fixed by my series you mention below.
>>
>>> I'll try with
>>> the latest DTB updates you sent to the list earlier to see if that changes
>>> anything on the Ethernet front.
>>
>> Yeah, you can try, but I don't expect much changes here, as U-Boot's
>> .dtb and the U-Boot driver should always work together (hence the order
>> of the patches in my series).
>
> Ok, I'll stick with plain U-boot 2018.03 and the kernel DTB for now then.
> Of note, neither the kernel nor U-boot seem to see the USB controller(s)
> which seems wrong.
>
>> Can you do me a favour and check the schematics to see how the PHY is
>> powered?
>
> The last time I read schematics was years ago for boards with an 8-bit CPU,
> so I have no idea what to look for. Will ask friends around later today.

Briefly - while compiling ;-) - looked at the schematics. There is a
jumper (PHYRST1) that needs to be empty, also PD24 must not be tied low.
PD14 is used for that on the Pine64, and so far we get away with doing
nothing there. The pin is not configured, so High-Z, and a pull-up does
the right thing. Not sure if we need any special handling on the
Olinuxino. If you can measure 3.3V over the pins of that jumper, we
should be good.
There does not seem to be a special voltage rail required.

Out of curiosity, did you change the sun50i-a64-olinuxino.dts from the
kernel? I don't see any emac or phy node in there, so with this .dtb it
can't actually work.

Cheers,
Andre.