> Not likely a Heisenbug ... more likely just that some of what you
> thought you'd "fixed" just changed the timing enough to mask some
> kind of problem!  When I'm touching that level of code, I've
> found that removing more than one printk at a time is dangerous.

Yeah.. I wish I had checked in what I knew to work.

Although if it wasn't a Heisenbug at the very least it's a Schroedenbug! I
noticed that it shouldn't've ever worked, as it didn't seem like we were
setting IPR if it wasn't a short packet. In write_ep0_fifo(), I
changed/added:

        } else if (ep->dev->req_pending)
                ep0start(ep->dev, UDCCS0_IPR, "IN");
        else
                UDCCS0 = UDCCS0_IPR;

That seems to get at least one packet (16 bytes) through, but shortly
thereafter, the host seems to reset me. Do I need to set more bits?

> - Dave
/j

Log:
Packet: Begin with no request.
<7>udc: SETUP 00.05 v004c i0000 l0000
<7>udc: ep0start address, 00/00
- --> 00.00, 0003
<7>udc: irq 00.01
Packet: Begin with no request.
<7>udc: SETUP 80.06 v0100 i0000 l0008
Packet: Entering IN data phase
<7>udc: ep0 queue req c3ffe4e0, len 8 buf c3ed9980
Packet: Kick-starting IO queue
<7>udc: ep0in 8 bytes 0 left c3ffe4e0
<7>udc: ep0start short IN, 00/02
Packet: COMPLETED: wrote 8. final sum: 8/8
<7>udc: Request: ep0->Req complete (8/8)
Packet: Complete
- --> 01.00, 0003
<7>udc: irq 00.01
Packet: Begin with no request.
Packet: No RNE, but continuing anyway.
<7>udc: SETUP 80.06 v0100 i0000 l0012
Packet: Entering IN data phase
<7>udc: ep0 queue req c3ffe4e0, len 18 buf c3ed9980
Packet: Kick-starting IO queue
<7>udc: ep0in 16 bytes 2 left c3ffe4e0
<7>udc: ep0start IN, 00/02
Packet: Complete
- --> 01.00, 0041
<7>udc: USB reset start
<7>udc: Request: ep0->Req complete (16/18)
<7>gchar: setup complete --> -108, 16/18
- --> 01.00, 0043
<7>udc: USB reset done, gadget driver 'char'
- --> 01.00, 0003
<7>udc: irq 00.01
Packet: Begin with no request.
Early IRQ trashed. UDCCS0: 00
Packet: Complete
- --> 00.00, 0003

- --
Joshua Wise | www.joshuawise.com
GPG Key     | 0xEA80E0B3
Quote       | <lilo> I akilled [EMAIL PROTECTED] by mistake