I am sorry if I offended anyone, that was never my intention!

With the Fujifilm camera plugged into one and the Panasonic camera into
the other, the following is what I get. I left out the parts that
mentions the two hubs, as I assume they are not important. Let me know
if I am wrong.

I can see that one specifically says "Mass Storage" and the other
"Vendor Specific", but on the package the Fujifilm camera claimed Mass
Storage, even though it didn't say so in those words. Something like
"Disk Mode", I don't have the paper anymore.

I therefore assumed that it was just an odd device that has yet to be
targeted in the Linux kernel, hence my question for help to access the
device.

Thank you for your help,

Peter

==============
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04da:2372 Panasonic (Matsushita) Lumix DMC-FZ10
Camera
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0         8
  idVendor           0x04da Panasonic (Matsushita)
  idProduct          0x2372 Lumix DMC-FZ10 Camera
  bcdDevice            0.10
  iManufacturer           1
  iProduct                2
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           32
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xc0
      Self Powered
    MaxPower                2mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           2
      bInterfaceClass         8 Mass Storage
      bInterfaceSubClass      6 SCSI
      bInterfaceProtocol     80 Bulk (Zip)
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x01  EP 1 OUT
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  bytes 64 once
        bInterval               0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x82  EP 2 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  bytes 64 once
        bInterval               0

Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0461:081a Primax Electronics, Ltd Fujifilm IX-30
Camera [storage mode]
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceSubClass         0
  bDeviceProtocol         0
  bMaxPacketSize0        64
  idVendor           0x0461 Primax Electronics, Ltd
  idProduct          0x081a Fujifilm IX-30 Camera [storage mode]
  bcdDevice            1.10
  iManufacturer           1
  iProduct                2
  iSerial                 0
  bNumConfigurations      1
  Configuration Descriptor:
    bLength                 9
    bDescriptorType         2
    wTotalLength           32
    bNumInterfaces          1
    bConfigurationValue     1
    iConfiguration          0
    bmAttributes         0xa0
      Remote Wakeup
    MaxPower              500mA
    Interface Descriptor:
      bLength                 9
      bDescriptorType         4
      bInterfaceNumber        0
      bAlternateSetting       0
      bNumEndpoints           2
      bInterfaceClass       255 Vendor Specific Class
      bInterfaceSubClass      6
      bInterfaceProtocol     80
      iInterface              0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5
        bEndpointAddress     0x81  EP 1 IN
        bmAttributes            2
          Transfer Type            Bulk
          Synch Type               None
          Usage Type               Data
        wMaxPacketSize     0x0040  bytes 64 once
        bInterval               0
      Endpoint Descriptor:
        bLength                 7
        bDescriptorType         5