On Fri, 7 Jun 2002, Lee wrote:
> Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
> >
> > If INSTALL is a script, what happens if you do:
> >
> >         . ./INSTALL
> >
> > >Tried that got: ./INSTALL:the command not found
>                    ./ INSTALL line 9: syntax error token '0>'
>                    ./INSTALL  line 9: 'o> if you got your source from

Its a fscking text file, its not going to do anything.  You *read*
INSTALL, you don't execute it.  Did you bother reading the aptly named
README, which instructs you to then read the INSTALL??

> CVS (and not from a tar.zg)
>
>     I got the source from a downloaded tarball. Am running Mandrake 8.0.
> Not too familar with the commands to install a tarball once untarred.
> Only success i"ve had in the past was find the INSTALL or /install-sh
> package and use ./install-sh -s. Butb that keeps failing because no
> input source is specified.

Whaa??  I've never seen any instructions for any package anywhere that
suggested running a "install-sh".  Once again, RTFM.

> Tried Lonnie's ./configure
>                  make
>                  make install
> After cd to gphoto2-2.0 and that doesn't work either.

Which means what exactly?  Can you be any more vague?