On Sat, 21 Dec 2002 17:00:12 -0500 Joel Hammer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I went out and bought a digital camera, Nikon Coolpix 2500. They didn't have
> a card reader at BestBuy. The camera is designed to hook up to a USB port.
> Does anyone know if there is a linux app that supports this camera?

Uhhh...

Since it's usb and a memory storage device... you can probably plug it in via
the usb port on your computer, load the appropriate usb drivers, and then mount
it as a scsi vfat device. Once done, I run XV to view the pictures and gimp to
play with them...

Here's what I use to load the correct usb, fs modules and ends with a mount:

modprobe usbcore
modprobe usb-uhci
modprobe usb-storage
modprobe fat
modprobe vfat
echo mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera

Don't forget to umount the device when done with it.