On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 21:28:31 -0600
Alan Jackson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have what I hope is a simple problem.
>
> My home network is 3 Linux boxes behind a Netgear router/switch hooked
> to a DSL modem.
>
> In the router I have turned off all the incoming ports except 22, and
> I have that one pointing at 192.168.0.3 which is my son's machine so
> he can ssh into his machine remotely.
>
> I would *also* like to ssh into *my* machine. How do I set that up? I
> have a very rudimentary understanding of networking (does it show?).

No problem at all.  Choose another port and forward it to the other
system's port 22.  Then invoke ssh from outside with the -p <portnumber>
option.  I do this all the time.  Hardest part is remembering which port
goes to which system inside, but if you use port number that correlate
to IP numbers (port 801 forwards to xxx.xxx.xxx.01, etc., it's easy).

Ciao,

David A. Bandel
                Nemesis Racing Team motto