On 3 Aug 2003, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 15:34, Gerry Doris wrote:
>
> > Actually, I use MailScanner and have installed both F-Prot and ClamAV.
> > F-Prot is free for non-commercial users.  MailScanner installs seamlessly
> > requiring no changes to sendmail (also works with Postfix and Exim).
> > MailScanner calls the installed virus scanners (it supports about a dozen)
> > to check the mail.  MailScanner also uses SpmaAssassin if that's installed
> > to weed out spam.
>
> It seems that there are many solutions that install easily and will use
> many scanners. It is the scanners themselves that I don't have any idea
> about. They are always in some list and written as though, well, just
> everyone knows about them.
>
> Any opinions on the scanners themselves, as opposed to the glue?

I already told you...F-Prot and ClamAV work very well.  I suspect that the
others do too or they wouldn't be in business but I haven't used them.
If you have the $$$ buy them and then tell the rest of us how they work
since ClamAV is the only open source application that I'm aware of.

--
Gerry

"The lyfe so short, the craft so long to learne"  Chaucer