On Sunday 03 February 2002 12:59 pm, Peter Ruskin warbled:

> I've always detested the Mandrakised menus but you don't have to suffer
> them.  If you start menudrake and select "standard" menu then log out,
> when you log in again the menus are as you expect them.

Which version of Mandrake do you have. I started MenuDrake up; I think,
and could not find that "standard" menu tag anywhere (8.1)...........

> I use mostly KDE and I've added a single "Quick Browser" on kicker
> pointing to /usr/share/applnk-mdk -- just to see if I may be missing
> anything after upgrades.

Now thats something that I have not been able to fathom out how to do.
There is nothing to say how to get online and upgrade the files. I found the
the mandrake control centre and click on System -> Software Manager. I then
have a small window 'configure a source', click on this it gives me sources
but from here on I am lost: too bloody complicated. All i want to do is like
Suse upload the updates and install them.
--
Keith Antoine aka 'skippy'
18 Arkana St, The Gap, Queensland 4061 Australia PH:61733002161