Came across this in Slashdot
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/15/10/10/003247/over-10000-problems-fixed-in-detroit-thanks-to-cellphone-app

http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2015/10/09/more-than-10000-problems-fixed-through-improve-detroit-cell-phone-app/

I have on the currently mothballed Linux box that was my primary machine in
Sumner, emails to both a Telecom guy, and someone who I knew who worked at the
Christchurch City Council, a proposal to do precisely this. I came up with it
shortly after the 22nd Feb 2011 earthquake.

I received no reply.

That is New Zealand - the Land of Opportunity - Missed Opportunity!

I could go on.

Nice to know that Detroit is getting the kudos for something that the 2011
earthquake made obvious to me. Is it any wonder that New Zealand's best and
brightest go overseas? There's nothing for them here - intelligent life is
singularly lacking anywhere there's money.

Wesley Parish

"I have supposed that he who buys a Method means to learn it." - Ferdinand Sor,
Method for Guitar

"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on." -- Samuel Goldwyn