Pretty much so.

I told the Telecom guy I was working with at the Sumner Hub about my idea and
he suggested I make
an application for some sort of sponsorship from Telecom through him.  the idea
was apparently quite
new to him, because - iirc - he said something along the lines of, "It's good
to see someone thinking
about how to use smartphones like this".

I dislike intensely the fact that after I came up with the idea, I was left in
the dark - enrolled in a
demotivational seminar if you like - and someone else was given my idea and
paid to get it done.

New Zealand is such a demotivational place!!! And they wonder why people don't
return from their big
OEs? It's the bosses' Man in the Mirror, but they never ask him and so he's not
talking ...

Wesley Parish

Quoting Tony Patterson <whichfactoryspaceman...@gmail.com>:

> On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 6:42 PM, Wesley Parish
> <wes.par...@paradise.net.nz>
> wrote:
>
> > Came across this in Slashdot
> >

> http://tech.slashdot.org/story/15/10/10/003247/over-10000-problems-fixed-in-detroit-thanks-
to-cellphone-app

> http://motorcitymuckraker.com/2015/10/09/more-than-10000-problems-fixed-through-
improve-detroit-cell-phone-app/

> > I have on the currently mothballed Linux box that was my primary
> machine in
> > Sumner, emails to both a Telecom guy, and someone who I knew who
> worked at
> > the
> > Christchurch City Council, a proposal to do precisely this. I came up
> with
> > it
> > shortly after the 22nd Feb 2011 earthquake.
> >
> > I received no reply.
> >
> > That is New Zealand - the Land of Opportunity - Missed Opportunity!
> >
> > I could go on.
> >

> Something like this?
>
> http://www.ccc.govt.nz/report/snap-send-solve/
>
> Cheers,
> Tony

"I have supposed that he who buys a Method means to learn it." - Ferdinand Sor,
Method for Guitar

"A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it's written on." -- Samuel Goldwyn