Hi,

At Sat, 03 Feb 2001 16:22:17 +0000,
Markus Kuhn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The ISO 10646-1:2000 standard prints the entire CJK collection in 5
> different ideographic fonts and comes with an appendix that documents
> the principle and rational behind the CJK unification in detail.

And what?  If I read it, will every Japanese people come to be able
to read Chinese shape of U+76F4 ?  Will Japanese elementary school's
policy change to teach Chinese and Korean characters also?  It is an
undeniable fact that a part of Han Unification is unacceptable for
average Japanese people, regardless of the principle and rationale
of Han Unification.

Knowing X-Y-Z model of ideogram and so on cannot solve this problem.

---
Tomohiro KUBOTA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://surfchem0.riken.go.jp/~kubota/
"Introduction to I18N"