* Jan Willem Stumpel [2006-01-16 21:52]:
> This xkb stuff is not so easy to understand, but Alexandros' and Jim's
> comments helped a lot.

I don't understand xkb files very well, either!

> All characters, including things like αΎ¦, can be made in Greek
> mode, even in en_GB.UTF-8 locale, if the dead ogonek and horn in the
> symbols/pc/gr file are replaced by the utf-8 characters COMBINING COMMA
> ABOVE (0x1000313) and COMBINING REVERSED COMMA ABOVE (0x1000314); the
> (default?) US Compose file then has lots of entries for combined Greek
> characters.

Right, that's one way to do it. Another way would be to create a custom
personal compose file, which includes both the US and GR Compose files.
That way, you can use the dead_horn and dead_ogonek keysyms used in the
existing greek keymap, with no need to add the combining Unicode
characters you mention.

I think if you put the following two lines in ~/.XCompose it will work:

include "/usr/lib/X11/locale/el_GR.UTF-8/Compose"
include "/usr/lib/X11/locale/en_US.UTF-8/Compose"

> Still this setup generates warnings which probably explain why I cannot
> reach the 4th level symbols (you see the warnings after closing X), like:
>
> Warning: Type "THREE_LEVEL" has 3 levels but <AC11> has 4 symbols
>            Ignoring extra symbols
>
> Now how to fix this?

I'm sorry, I don't know about this...

--
Alexandros Diamantidis * [EMAIL PROTECTED]