On Jul 12, 2013, at 6:37 AM, "Alexander Aring" <alex.ar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Ralph and Werner,
>
> On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 02:55:49PM +0000, Ralph Droms (rdroms) wrote:
>>
>> On Jul 8, 2013, at 1:24 PM 7/8/13, Werner Almesberger
>> <wer...@almesberger.net> wrote:

>>> I ran into this too (when trying to ping Contiki). Tony then pointed
>>> out on IRC that you had once done something about this issue but the
>>> patches never made it upstream.
>>>
>>> What's the status of your patches ? Do you plan to submit them to
>>> net-next ?
>>
>> For a variety of reasons, I've had to abandon my work on the Linux
>> IPv6-over-IEEE802.15.4 code.
>>
>> I came close to formatting the patches for submission, but didn't finish up
>> the details.
>>
>> I'm willing to make my code available in its current form, if that would be
>> useful.  I haven't been paying close attention but I think there may be
>> others working on the same issue.
>
> There is currenly also a know problem with the payload calculation in
> fragmented/defragmented part. Do you have patches for this, too?

I discovered a problem with the fragment offset calculation.  According to RFC
4944, the offset should represent the location of the fragment in the original
data gram, while the code computed the location after header compression.

> It's nice to know who work on which problem, so I don't need to need to
> work on this if someone have a fix for this already.

I wrote code to fix this problem, but abandoned the effort before submitting an
official patch.  I can make the code available if someone wants to pick up the
work.

> Regards
> Alex

- Ralph